Immersiveness is the primary factor that attracts players to try out a new game. Feeling the in-game atmosphere while punching your way through enemies is a heavenly experience that many want. But that doesn’t mean that gamers have to feel the rumbling of swords after hitting a big giant or the intense vibration when they are being hit again and again. There are quite a few games that use the vibration motors of controllers and take the in-game experience to the next level. But what they create is a bone-shaking feeling that will make your fingers go numb after a while. Lords of the Fallen also features the same controller vibration effect. Well, if you want to disable it, here’s everything you need to know.
Vibration and motion blur can be counted as two of the biggest enemies of any gamer. Even the main boss of Dark Souls will start feeling punny against these constant distractions and these so-called “immersive feelings”. So now the bigger question comes: Does Lords of the Fallen have a switch to turn it off? If yes, then where the hell is it? Continue reading to find out.
Lords of the Fallen (2023): How to disable Controller Vibration
Fortunately, LOTF has a toggle to turn off controller vibration for good. Both Xbox and PlayStation controllers have multiple vibration motors built inside. They provide a very immersive experience for some, but not for the majority of players. It eventually makes the overall experience worse, and that’s why you should disable it. So, here’s what you need to do:
- Open LotF and wait until the main menu pops up.
- Now, head over to the in-game Settings menu, and select the Gameplay tab.
- After this, locate the option called “Controller Vibration” inside this tab.
- Next, change this setting to Off.
Why should you disable vibration in controllers?
There are some really big issues with vibration that first-timers should know. If you just bought your first Xbox or PS5, then these simple reasons will act as a lifesaver for you.
- The biggest reason for turning it off is distraction. Yes, games try to make you experience the intensity of battle with this kind of rumbling. But what it does is distract your senses while you are focusing on the game.
- It also increases your reaction time. Less distraction means you can truly focus on one thing alone and have a very low reaction time. However, with distractions, it increases significantly.
- It may also cause numbness. It’s the same as sitting on an old bike. They shake a lot, and that can make some sides of the skin go numb.
- Aiming is also affected by this. LOTF grants your bows and arrows, and some skills also require precise aiming. Souls-like games always punish mistakes, and in the end, you will be forced to do another boss run.
This was our complete guide explaining how to turn off the controller vibration and why you should disable it right now in Lords of the Fallen. Follow Android Gram for more such guides. Also read: Lords of the Fallen (2023): How to Activate Offline Mode